- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to his/her blog
- List the rules of the award and post a picture of the award
- Answer the questions from your nominator
- Nominate other bloggers and be sure to let them know
- Write a list of questions for your nominees to answer
- How long have you been blogging about allergies/food allergies?
I have been blogging for just a little over a year. I started my blog in October 2016.
- Which family member (including you) has a food allergy?
I was the first person in my family to be born with food allergies. My younger brother, Henry, had many food allergies when he was born (eggs, dairy, wheat, nuts, etc.) but has outgrown almost all of his allergies. He is now only allergic to eggs and peanuts. Our youngest brother Josh is fortunate enough to not have any allergies!
- What 3 books have you found to be most helpful on your journey?
When I was born with food allergies, there really were not many books or resources available. Thinking back, I remember two resources that my mom always had out as she was trying out different recipes for my brother and I. The first “book” was a small binder that had collected recipes from the Food Allergy Network (now FARE). The second book my mom used a lot was Bakin’ Without Eggs. Although this is not a food allergy book, a book that has been very influential and inspirational in my life is Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out, and Lonely by Lysa TerKeurst. Along with other issues I have struggled with, I have also encountered bullying and isolation because of my food allergies. This book has been incredibly helpful and encouraging, and I highly recommend it!
- Is there a recipe that you have tried & failed to make an allergy-friendly version of?
I would love to find a good recipe for dairy-free, nut-free alfredo sauce for fettuccine alfredo. I have yet to find or make one.
- On your darkest day, what inspired you to pick yourself back up?
Understanding that I am not the only one out there that has obstacles to face. The creation of my blog came out of my wanting to use my obstacles in order to encourage others.
- What is one thing about you that very few people know?
I am having trouble thinking of anything exciting, so here are a few random facts about me. I have the cutest bunny named Oliver, I love Italian food, I’ve never been to a baseball game (because of my allergies), I was at the epicenter of a 7.2 earthquake on a missions trip in Mexico, and I love photography! I can also quote almost every episode of The Office.
You can read more about me here 🙂
My Nominees for the Brotherhood of the World Blogger Award (order does not reflect preference):
- What made you start blogging about allergies/food allergies?
- If you could eat only one dessert for the rest of your life, what dessert would you pick?
- What is your go-to recipe when you host?
- What inspires you?
- What is the last song you listened to?